domingo, 20 de maio de 2012

An e-mail to an e-pal

I have recently asked my 3rd level students of English to write me an e-mail as if I were their e-pal.
The purpose of this task was to encourage the use of the computer and to make the students get acquainted with new technologies by recognizing the Internet as an important means to develop abilities and skills to learn English more and better.
My student original e-mail below shows a very surprising and gratifying result of my request.


Dear Nayla,
          Thanks for your e-mail. Now let me tell you about my life. I’m living in Australia. My house has a very nice view of the beach. It has ten rooms. The house has three bedrooms. Two bedrooms are blue and the biggest bedroom is green. My mother is living with me. I have two brothers and a sister. My sister’s name is Elizabeth. She is visiting me this month. She lives in Rio de Janeiro and she likes Australia very much, but she thinks people are strange in Australia. When I ask her why she thinks people are strange, she answers me: “I don’t know to explain”. She has an only child. She has a part-time job, but she is on vacation at the moment. 
           Nayla, I like to live in Australia. Here, 87% of married couples have children. My schedule is very interesting. I get up at 7:00 in the morning during the week. Then I brush my teeth and I take a shower. I have breakfast at 7:30 A.M. I go to my English class at 8:15 in the morning on Wednesdays and Fridays. I leave for work at 10:30. I start work at 11:00. I have lunch around 2:00 in the afternoon. I get home from work at 8:00 in the evening, then I have dinner at 8:30. Finally, I go to bed around 11:00 P.M. during the week. I get up at 8:00 in the morning on weekends and I stay up until 2:00 A.M. on Saturdays and Sundays.  
          I have a girlfriend. Her name is Jaqueline. She lives in Brazil and she is going to be 25 next month, on June twenty-sixth. I’m going to go to Brazil next month. I’m going to celebrate her birthday. I’m going to visit my relatives and my friends.
          I feel homesick…

P.S.: If I’m wrong, correct me please.

          I wish you a nice weekend.

Fernando

2 comentários: